Similar to Android devices, I’m not the most well-tuned Windows smartphone user. Of course, I’ve went and scoured the web and looked through a variety of resources to come up with the straight and simple method of doing a factory reset for your Windows smartphone (of course, very similar to the iOS and Android devices, ensure that you back up your data first):
- Unlock your phone and using one finger, press and hold the screen and slide to the left
- Now you are at the ‘Apps’ list screen. Just scroll down to find ‘Settings’ and tap it with your finger
- Tap the ‘about’ button
- Tap the ‘reset your phone’ button
- Tap ‘yes’ to any warnings about your data being deleted (make sure you’ve backed it up first!)
- Let the phone run through the reset process and after a bit of time, your Windows phone should be loaded to the factory default.